Friday, January 30, 2009

The Start Of A Good Year... 11 to Go.....

WOW!!! Have you seen how much we have grown member wise?!
Holy Cats!!!


Do you remember this video?? I would like to make a new one. If everyone who reads this, would send me a picture of yourself, to put in the video.{One from the race} I had to take it off of You Tube they would not let me run it with the music. :( In the side show is me {40 pounds heavier}, E, My kids, Kate, JB, and then everyone from the meets and Team Voice. Jeff do you want to put this one on the Team Voice Blogger News page??




Today I did 10.5 miles in 2:31. I would have done better if it wasn't so humid. Then around mile 8-9 I lost my new water bottle that fits in my fanny pack. My fanny pack is worthless without the bottle. I am going to try to get a new bottle. Or I may have to get a new pack. I was planning to do 15 miles today. I couldn't do anymore miles with out h2o. I tried the gel recommended by my Running store. At first I wasn't. Then I said what the heck, I tried half at work.{hey if it wasn't going to agree with me they could take me down to the er} I had the other half today, it works great. It's called Roctane. It's full of amino acids and a small amount of sugar. I was also carrying a mini cliff bar. I was saving that for mile 10. Then for recovery I had a recoverite. It has glutamine in it which is good for muscle recovery. Then I sat in a tub of cold water for about 20 minutes. This helps with the lactate acid build up. { cold as you can stand it}

Next week I am going to be trying to work some overtime. So I may not be available a lot next week. I will answer my Blackberry as I get the time.

BTW Chris can I do my challenge on Monday?? The gym closes at 7p, and I don't get home till 8:15p. I will work on the push ups and sit ups. My arm is feeling pretty good. :)

On Dis Friends I opened a Team Voice group. I posted the challenge, and I will open a thread with Deb's Team In Training list.

9 comments:

Eric said...

Neat vid. You've made great progress!

Roctane rules! I used some on a long run a few weeks ago and it felt like I was cheating! They're expensive, though, so I save them for races. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! Great workout Rae!

Now you have me worried. Is it going to be real humid for the Princess Half? I have no way to train for that up here.

I wish they hadn't pushed the start time to 7AM. :-(

The video was fantastic.

DebWDW said...

Wow, 10 miles!!! I think you really can do the Goofy, if you are doing 10 miles in January!!
As always, you are MY IDOL!!

Chris said...

Love the video :) Will need to see if I can still download one of the pictures of me running, otherwise the only one I've got is the three amigos shot with Craig, Mike, and myself.

Yep, you can do the challenge tomorrow, no problem. Sorry for the late reply, I've been viloently sick for the past 48 hours...you don't want to know any more than that...trust me...ugh. Hoping to rebound tomorrow morning as I've got a Probability/Statistics final in the MBA program. Fun fun...

Rae! said...

Hi Eric, yeah the roctane is expensive, and it does make me feel like I was cheating too. :)
But it helped. And it was only half.

Deb,I never stopped training.The half marathon was on my scheduled long run day, and it was longest I ever went!!!! I plan on reaching that 15!!!

Thanks Chris!! And I hope you feel better!!!

MikeF. said...

Of course I remember that video. I remember that snow storm I was in too. Rae you are doing great! Now keep it up!

Matt said...

Excellent Job Rae!!! You're on your way!!!

Heath said...

Cool slide show Rae!! Makes me want to go out and run right now...in the dark...and the four inches of fresh snow...ok maybe not that much.

Richard said...

Great video! I sure wish I could've been there this year, but am making plans for 2010!