Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Catch Up

Mike Called me out yesterday. :)
I have not put any miles in until today. I have arithitis in the left knee and it was inflamed for a couple days and it kept me from doing much of any type of mileage. I have it back under control,I use a natural alternative for it.
Mgreene I have only been in 5k races here and they all have been chip races. Just like the one this coming Sunday. I am just trying to give the incentive to get everyone in a 5k by next month.It does not have to be chipped. Just get out there and try a 5k.Once you do one you will want to do more.I had fun and you will get an idea what it will be like at the half.

Training:
prector: 1 hour
program: intervals
HR, 120-130, last 5 minutes i got it up to 140
4,39 miles in 1 hour.
calories: 687

Ab. curl: 90 lbs x100
leg ext.: 30 lbs, 4 x 15
inner thigh: 70 lbs x 100
outer thigh, 70 lbs x 100
leg press: 105 lbs 2 x25

We are going to go over to a park and walk one of their jogging trails. I will up date.
Meals:yesterday
oatmeal: 2
yogurt: 1
total : 3
soup brocc. and cheese 1 c: 2
4 point cookies: 4
total : 6
100 cal snack x2 4
zingers: 8
fries : 8
Nutter Butter Pie 1/4 slice: 6
total: 22
total for the day: 35

Monday Meals:
egg white: 2
oj: 1
cheese: 2
bread: 1
total: 6
oatmeal with blueberries: 2
yogurt: 1
total : 3
chicken breast: 4
potatoes: 2
veggies: 0
total:6
snack: pancakes: 3
snack: 100 cal: 2
shepard's pie: 2 c: 12
4 point cookies : 4
total for the day: 38

Team Voice News:
The shirts will be coming out a bit later.I am working on getting the shirts in the color we want and style so we can wear them in the race. I will put it out on cafe press And when I do I will let everyone know. E is trying to decide what to use for the everyday Logo. I am working on a couple of fund raiser projects and as soon as I get a green light I will let everyone know.


THIS WEEK IN DISNEY HISTORY
February 5, 1953 - Disney's 14th animated film, "Peter Pan" (based on James M. Barrie's 1904 story), opens at the Roxy Theatre in New York City.

February 5, 1992 - Disney's "Beauty and the Beast" is nominated for 6 Academy Awards(R), including Best Picture.

February 6, 1959 - Elias Disney (the future father of Walt Disney) is born to Kepple Disney II and Mary Richardson in Bluevale, Ontario, Canada.

February 7, 1940 - Disney's animated feature film "Pinocchio" (based on the 19th century book by Carlo Collodi) premieres at the Central Theatre in New York City.

3 comments:

MikeF. said...

Rae it's good to hear your knee is better and see you were able to start the Feb.challenge. Can not wait to see the shirts. Keep it up.

[rich] said...

Make sure you don't do your knee in young lady!

Good job on the training - what points are you allowed each day?

5K will be a great distance for everyone to enter (not that I've done one) - but getting in to the buzz of a race is great... everyone should enter a race TODAY! that way you Have to train. I entered a 1/2 to kick my butt into training (4 years ago) and have never looked back. It hurt big time as I was really out of shape, but the vibe has helped me keep going.

DebWDW said...

Since I'm in a snowy tundra too (Michigan), we probably won't see 5Ks pop up here until April. So maybe the challenge could be to do one in March or April!