Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I Did What??

Sunday was my long run day. Wog actually. And we did it again. 16.1 miles in 4:15 and change. Ice packed knees and rest. Well today my knees and legs felt great.
So... Another 6.2 tonight. A little slow but we did it. 1:32:47 . I was surprised at how well I felt today. Light jog this evening, almost the enitre way, if it wasn't for the one light we caught.
I recieved my official e mail on my points award. It's this weekend, I can't wait. Just think, I thought to do these races for maintaince never dreamed I would like them like I do. I was surprised to see that only one lady was in my age group that made her points. So I am thinking maybe this is going to be fun. :) ohhhh I found my next bike!!!! It only weighs 6 pounds!!!! 20 speed!! Down side it cost more than my car, well close to it. :)

6 weeks!!! Holy cats!!

8 comments:

Justin said...

Awesome job on the distance runs! Remember, the more you sweat in training the less you bleed in battle.

Only 6 weeks until you conquer the WDW Marathon. See you there!

Chris said...

Jeez Justin...Bleeding? You'd think we were strapping on armour or something, LOL. Of course, he's right...

Great workouts Rae (and E)! and congrats on the points awards and all of that! One of these years I'll be asking for some advice with the tri/duo/bi circuit. :-)

Justin said...

Hyuk, my name is Maximus Goofimus Meridius, commander of the Mousketeers of the North, General of the Magic Kingdom, loyal servant to the smiling emperor, Mickey Mouse. Father to an embarrased son, and buddy to an angry duck. Gawrsh, I will have my vengeance, in this race or the next!

What is your battle cry Chris?

MikeF. said...

FFFFFFRRRRREEEEEEEDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!

Awesome job on the miles Rae!

Matt said...

Ha ha, you guys are funny!

HOLY CATS RAE!!! You are such an inspiration! Keep it up and see you in 39 days!

Rae! said...

I will craw to the finish line if I must! hahaha

Amanda said...

You are doing amazing! Great job on the miles and the points award and everything you've got going.

The cost of the bike is worth it if you like it and use it!

10timesbetter said...

I was running quite alot outside in all weathers, then i started looking for fitness equipment and started using treadmills which are not always the best way to run due to boredom.