Sunday, June 7, 2009

I Finished...



I did it!!! I finished the duathlon. I had fun. I was so excited and nervous.

They started right on time. It was well organized this race. It was so humid today. I was the last runner, in the one mile sprint. I could not get my breathing together. The humidity was so thick. My mile sprint was 12:32 minute mile. My fast mile ever!!! I do not know how but it was!!!

Then I made it into transition. T1 was 1:37. then I did my fastest bike ride yet.


Man those guys were blowing buy me. I was going at it about 15-16 mph. The wins was lightly blowing the other way,thank goodness. My time for that was 38:53, my legs were so like jelly.

SO T2 was 1:23. Then I walked out to do the 2.5 miles. My breathing was terrible, but better. I walked in the beginning. People were running by me saying great job, keep going, you can do it. What? Wow... total strangers....I got a second wind. I started wogging. Then a the far end of the trail I had to slow down to take a gel in. My tummy was getting upset.

And then another group of people come running by and they all did the samething , I started to wog again and I did through the rest of the race. It was my best 2.5 miles. 36:6. As I came up on the finish line, A guy yelled at a runner, and said see the neon people thats the finish line. That was all the Team Voice shirts. :)

So we hung around I wanted to see my time. We waited. I registered under the Atheana group. That is the divison that goes by weight. Looking all over for my name, then my daughter goes look mom your are in second place in the Atheana. E took a picture of it. Holy Cats that is sooo cool. I haven't placed in anything since high school. I started to get real emotional. So we hung around to watch the awards be past out, and we thought they were going to do over all age groups, they did and they did by divison. I was called up to get an award. Holy Cats!!!! I was in 2nd place. That was so unexpected. They took our pictures and all.



And when I can get the camera to up load I have some other pics too. What a really nice morning.

8 comments:

[rich] said...

Great work :-D

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful Rae! You placed. Congratulations. Sounds awesome.

Jeff W said...

Congratualtions Rae!

Amanda said...

You so totally rock dude (as Crush would say)!!!

I am so proud of you. That's so awesome that you placed on your first try!

You must be flying high right now.

So inspirational. I'm all emotional for you right now.

CONGRATULATIONS!

DebWDW said...

You just showed me again why you are my IDOL!!! Congrats!!

justme said...

that is awesome

Steph said...

So awesome!!! Congratulations!

Princess Fee said...

Congratulations! That is fantastic - what an achievement! Way to go!! I'm only sorry I wasn't on here sooner to properly congratulate you...

Woohoo!!!!