Thursday, April 2, 2009

Week IN Review


Things here are going good. Packing and getting ready for our trip.

I have been riding my tri bike. Oh my!!! I love this bike. It takes no effort at all to ride this bike. I have been doing the one pedal drills, and I can do a mile in 4.5 minutes. WOW!!! I still haven't found a helmet that I like,I sure will not go long distance without it. E can't keep up on his mountain bike so when I do start doing the long distance rides he said he will drive the car behind me so I won't get ran over. hahaha

I am getting back with my trainer. I have to do what works for me, and her guidance works. And she is getting married this month. I am proud of her, she is one of the success contestants from BL. I have bought myself a new goal outfit, and I just can't wait to get started. She likes what I have been doing but she is going to make it work better.

I am still getting quotes for DL Half. I am looking at packages that include my park tickets with my room. From what I understand, the Good Neighbor hotels are within walking distance. I have never been there. I to plan on doing the 5k as well.

Congratulations to Johnathan and Amber!! Children and gifts, great gifts. But when they turn into teens, they believe they know all !!

If you are like me and breathing is always an issue check this out Breathing Enhancers

9 comments:

DebWDW said...

So glad you are still doing well! Looks like I can't do the DL Half this year, due to work constraints. Bummer.

Justin said...

There are ton of hotels within walking distance. A couple years ago I stayed at the Marriott Fairfield Inn on Harbor Drive. It sits right about where the Contemporary is in relation to the Magic Kingdom at WDW. (Maybe a little to the north). Very short walk. There are some hotels that are even closer (and maybe a little cheaper) than Fairfield Inn.

The Harbor Drive hotels are the closest. If you can walk from the Contemporary to the Magic Kingdom, you'll have no problem at the Disneyland Resort.

Goal outfits are a great idea. I bought a bunch of large t-shirts at 40% off at WDW in December. (Sorry, had to mention the great discount--I usually miss all the good deals.) At the time they were too small. Now I'm wearing about half of them.

MikeF. said...

Hope you are able to finalize your trip details. So I have Teenage years to look forward too. And here I am thinking that my 2 year old thought she knew it all.

Amanda said...

I'm glad you are going to work with the trainer again-you're right, have to do what works!

Sounds like your doing great with the training on the bike!

Good job getting a goal outfit. I have one too and it's fun to see the changes in how it fits!

[rich] said...

Glad the bikes turning out well :-) Which pedals did you end up going with? :-)

Matt said...

I think I may invest in a bike, granted that I don't have anywhere to ride it, haha.

Glad to hear from you!

justme said...

i did my first half marathon last year and this year i am doing the danskin tri.

that is pretty cool that your trainer is from the BL, i love that show, such an inspiration !!!!

Rae! said...

Hey Rich!! I have the straps. Not the locking pedals. I have to get use to the straps first. I almost fell off the other day. haha

Steph said...

Sounds like things are going well. You are making good decisions for yourself and that's a great thing. Thanks for all the support the last couple of weeks..I love my Team Voice buddies! =)