Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Sorness

"Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head."

JOE HENDERSON

I am re posting this quote.

Here I am middle of the week. I am suppose to put in another 5k today at pace. Then low cardio the rest of the week and the ab. circuit my trainer also gave me. My abs are sore today. 4 more days. I am still having knee pain. My trainer told me to stop doing the yoga. I may have caused the pain from doing the yoga. Who knew. The pain is at it's worse when I sit for a long period of time. It's the arthritis that is in there.

I have noticed that all of us are having trouble with with food lately. I am too. First I wasn't making my calories, now I am going over. By 50 calories. Which is my over allowance. And we are going to the World, and All the wonderful food from the food and wine fest..... OMGosh!!!! I have a food bible. The calorie king. It helps since I am counting calories.

Alright everyone, keep moving forward!!!!

4 comments:

Chris said...

Love the quote. One should always be patient when working towards a goal as the experience will come with time. In the "now" society we live it, this is a huge skill! Most people just can't wait long enough for their work to pay off. Love watching true craftsmen work their craft (boat building or whatnot). The older I get, the more I understand this ;-)

FOOOD! :-) I've cut back a little and on track this week for the half. Nothing like a goal with a deadline to set ya straight!

Matt said...

Where can I get this Food Bible? I've been doing really bad with food lately.

MikeF. said...

Rae I feel your pain about the knee. Hope it starts to get back in line.

DebWDW said...

Hang in there!