Monday, October 6, 2008

I am Super Excited

"Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head."

JOE HENDERSON

Today was pretty good. I did low intensity cardio in the gym. One hour actually. I worked E's but off. :)

I have been dealing with knee pain since Saturday. My bad knee. The left one. I think the arthritis is acting up. We had 2 days of straight rain. I haven't had any problems with it in 3 years. I think the weight loss has some to do with it. So I have been icing it down and I have elevated it, and I wear my brace.

Last night out putting in miles, anything that could go wrong went wrong.Really. I wore my fanny pack with my water bottle, and long sleeve shirt around my waist in case it is cool in the early morning.We started out good, then my shorts were meeting in the middle. They didn't want to stay up or down. Then my hair would not stay up in the hair tie,my ipod was rubbing my arm raw, and to make things worse, My shorts ripped!!! hahaha So I walked the rest of the way home. I didn't want to rub my self raw since the race is this weekend. {ugh]{BTW I don't do the races with my ipod}

Shirt news:
The shirts are going to be ready by Nov.1. I will be getting a sample copy in the mail by the end of the week. Some of you have not paid for your shirts. You are going to owe me. I am doing it all out of pocket.I will post the sample as soon as I get it.

This month has a couple of mile stones for me. First this month is 2 years I have been on this journey to the half. Since I was injured to do it in 2008.And my one year on the awful TOT 13k. The race I hit the wall in.I was sick the entire night after the race. I was wheeled to the car in a wheel chair. The Minnie was my first long race since then. I did a couple of 5k's. And All I could do was worry. The Minnie was my longest race ever too. 9.1 miles. This 10k should be a breeze. I am shooting for 1:10- 1:15 for time. I have done it here at home. And the crazy part is I am going to be slow running this race!!!! My first actual run. Not walking. I am super excited.

4 comments:

Matt said...

I'm excited for you Rae! Good Luck!!!

[rich] said...

Good luck for the weekend - Looking forward to plenty of gossip and pictures. Are you all still going up? Make sure FJ throws some water around for me ;-)

Chris said...

wow, long run! You've come a long way in a short time, Rae! :-)

Just to confirm, you received my shirt money through paypal, right? I got a reciept, but one never knows with these sites!

DebWDW said...

Have a wonderful time!! We can't wait to hear all about it!