Monday, September 22, 2008

Getting Back Out There Only 2 Weeks Til......

"The advice I have for beginners is the same philosophy that I have for runners of all levels of experience and ability - consistency, a sane approach, moderation and making your running an enjoyable, rather than dreaded, part of your life."

BILL RODGERS', Lifetime Running Plan

The Race For The Taste 10k is 80% full. Kids say bring on the food. They are going to meet us at the end. FJ is going to volunteer. My goal is to get this race as close to one hour as I can. Last time I did a 10k I did it in 1:15. So I am coming close.

This head cold is nasty. I am going to go to work tomorrow against my better judgement.I have already missed 2 days. I have only had 3 occurrences this year. I wasn't expecting to catch a cold. :( It sounds like everyone has.

A kind reminder that we need to get everyone to pay for their shirts. The sooner we get the money in the sooner we all can get our shirts. The button is in the right hand column.--->




This picture is a pile of clothes. Clothes that I can not wear anymore. Yep All to big. I am glad I have some smaller sizes in some stuff otherwise I would be in a heap of trouble. I am going to have to go buy all new stuff. well just enough to get me through till I drop some more.

My blackberry is acting up. They did something to the settings and I am not getting my e-mails. :( So that is making me go on the pc.

We walked last night, like walking in the store. We walked 2.58 miles. I felt good yesterday, today well that is another story. No miles today but I am going to do my yoga so I can rest.

Mt trainer changed up my training again. She changed up my calorie count too. 1500 cals per day, and on Sat. 2000 cals.
Treadmill Options (for any of the jogging if you can't go the whole 15 minutes, go 4 minutes on, 1 minute off)
-15 minutes jogging, incline 0, speed 5.0
-15 minutes hill jogging, incline 5, speed 4.4
-15 minute hill sprints, incline 8, speed 4.4- 30 seconds on, 30 seconds resting.
-15 minutes sprints, incline 0, speed 6.5- 30 seconds on, 30 seconds off
-15 minutes backwards walking (holding on), incline 3, speed 2.2

Stairmaster Options:
-15 minutes, level 3- no hands
-15 minutes, level 5- with hands
-15 minutes sprints- level 8- 30 seconds on, 30 seconds resting.
-15 minutes, level 3- changing sides (1 minute walking to the side on the right, 1 minute walking to the side on the left, and repeat)

Elliptical Options:
-15 minutes resistance 8, steady medium-easy pace
-15 minutes, resistance 3, as fast as you can for 30 seconds, rest for 30, repeat.

Outside Options:
-15 minute run
-15 minute sprint/walking alternating- 30 sec. sprint/30 sec. walk
-15 minutes skipping/walking- 30 sec skip/30 sec walk
-15 minute lunge walking- 2 minutes lunges, 2 minutes walk
-15 minute cardio workout video
-15 minute bike ride (fast)
-15 minute jumping jacks
-15 minutes jump rope

I haven't got a chance to do any of this since I have been sick. If I make through work tomorrow I will give something here a try. See I wasn't kidding about her trying to kill me. hahaha :)

So how many days now JB??

4 comments:

Craig Wheeler said...

Good luck on improving your time. I think race for the taste would be so much fun. I've only been to food & wine once and I LOVED it. I hope to do it again someday (and maybe that race, too).

DebWDW said...

I'm SOOO sorry you caught the bug. I caught it from my husband and have missed two weeks of training. But I started back yesterday, and hope that it won't take too long to get back where I was.
Your workout is BRUTAL! No wonder you are losing tons of weight. I'm going to try and start doing part of your workout, to see if I can get unstuck from this plateau I've been on forever.
Feel better soon!!

[rich] said...

28 days (but it's late over here) so nearly 27 :-)

Nice work on the pile of clothes...

Chris said...

Ditto, feel better soon! Bug is going around up here in the northeast as well...OY!