Wednesday, May 2, 2007

The Virdict Is In.......

Well I saw my Doctor today.Good news is I did not break any bones.The bad news is I tore a muscle.Yes a muscle.It will take 6 weeks to heal.No speed walking,no running.Cross train by riding a bike, or swim so I do not loose my endurance,and muscle mass.I can work,as long as I can sit down as needed and ice my leg.Its the muscle that pulls your foot up to flex.

Now here is the really bad news........

I will not be running the 2008 1/2m. :( I have to pull out.The doctor prefers me not to do any running,with my bad knees. :( :( If I can keep pace at speed walking he said go for it,but prefer not to see me run.He gave me that look.I was just grinning from ear to ear.My Doctor is a triathlon runner.He is a pro sports medicine doctor and he is third in the nation.He gave me exercises to do After my muscle stops hurting.I will have to start training from the beginning,slow my pace down,1/2 mile at a time.

So we sat down and I have decided not to do the 2008 1/2m, but Eric is going to continue to train to do it.I am going to be cheering.I can do the 5k at AK.But not all is lost for I will be doing the 1/2 in 2009.I may be able to do the TOT run.Yes that will give me more time to train.My doctor said to also eat a high protein diet.Do light weight training with less weight and more reps to burn off the fat.No more than 68 pounds.Do them till I feel the burn that means you are burning the fat. But not to hurt myself.If I end up coming back to his office before the next 5 weeks are up he said he will not let me go back to work until it's healed.

This is where I am at.So I feel bad all I can do is cheer everyone on,but that will be just as much fun.I will take alot of pictures to post.

I will get up and dust myself off and come back......
I am a Disney person and that's what Disney people do...

3 comments:

[rich] said...

Hope your get over the injury soon - rest up and get it 100% better before training on it...

See you at Tower of Terror

Anonymous said...

Rae - I'm so proud of you for listening to your doctor and honoring your body enough to work on keeping it fit and not hurting it.

Besides - now your first ever half marathon will be with ME! :) In 2009!!!

We're both gonna get there - I know we can!!!

MAIN STREET AWAITS!

Jonathan

Anonymous said...

You tore a muscle?! That must be very painful. Please listen to the doctor and go gently. I'm sorry.

They also need volunteers for the races if you are interested in that.

Do you plan to walk the TOT 13K?

Oh, it will be wonderful to do the 2009 1/2M with Jonathan. :)

So will you ride a bike now? Or swim?

- Kate